prepFC™ Fraction Collector
Gilson’s prepFC™ Fraction Collector is a large capacity in a compact footprint fraction collector ideal for semi-preparative to preparative applications. The instrument features an adjustable tray to accommodate various test tubes heights as well as 500 mL and one liter bottles for large volume collection.
- Can accommodate two Code 200, four Code 20 or one Code 90 Series Rack(s). The capability of the Code 90 Series Racks allows for collection into vessels as large as one liter, a distinct advantage over funnels in that it does not promote contamination issues that can come with collecting into the same funnels and funnel tubes.
- Small footprint with large capacity (w)19.8” x (d) 15.4” x (h) 13.7”, and able to fit into almost any size fume hood.
- Four adjustable height settings for the pan location which allows for tube heights up to 200 mm, which optimizes fraction collection by enabling closer configuration of dispensing probe to the tube top.
- Vessel capacity per prepFC:
– (320) 13 x 100 mm (9 mL) test tubes with four Code 343 Racks
– (192) 16 x 100 mm test tubes with two Code 223 Racks
– (176) 18 x 150 mm test tubes with four Code 22 Racks
– (80) 25 x 200 mm test tubes with two Code 239 Racks
– (54) 28 x 57 mm (25 mL) scintillation vials with two Code 204 Racks
– (54) 30 x 115 mm (50 mL) conical bottom tubes with two Code 222 Racks
– (18) 48 x 113 mm (125 mL) bottles with two Code 211 Racks
– (11) 500 mL bottles with one Code 91 Rack
– (8) 1 liter bottles with one Code 92 Rack
– (240) 12 x 32 mm (2 mL) vials with four Code 330 Racks
– (56) 20 mL scintillation vials with four Code 333 Racks
– (432) 10 x 75 mm (4 mL) tubes with four Code 341 Racks
– (320) 13 x 100 (9 mL) tubes with four Code 343 Racks
– (176) 16 x 150 mm (20 mL) tubes with four Code 345 Racks
- Comes standard with a high-flow collection valve for accommodating flow rates up to 200 mL/min.
- Increased X/Y speed decreases time spent moving from tube-to-tube which reduces sample loss.
- Has the ability to connect up to four fraction collectors, expanding capacity to over 1280 samples.
- prepFC Control Software provides control of all aspects of fraction collection including creating and adding custom racks, setting parameters, modes and windows, selecting user-defined collection patterns and more.
- prepFC Control Software features up to ten collection windows with individually set parameters and allows for collection via slope, level, time or volume with peak subdivision via time or volume as well as offers slope collection that has front and tail slope settings to optimize collection and runs off-scale peak collection.
- Gilson offers a prepFC System Organizer capable of housing up to four fraction collectors, minimizing linear bench space and optimizing tubing requirements.